[SOLVED] R5 1600 and RX 5700XT good combo?

SaIadass

Reputable
Jul 30, 2017
Hello,

So I currently am using the R5 1600 cpu which boosts at 3.4 Ghz, and I was thinking what GPU to buy for myself and confused between an RTX 2060S or RX 5700XT. But I heard that maybe there could be a bottleneck, now im more interested to buy the 5700XT, can you guys help me decide, and tell me how big of a bottleneck there could be? I dont mind if its a small one. And if I overclock my cpu with a good cooler to 4Ghz, will that avoid any bottleneck?

I need to choose which gpu will be the best performance for me in low price, note I want to choose between an RTX 2060, 2060S, RX 5700 and RX 5700XT.

Help is appreciated!

Thanks

Build:

AX370 gaming K5
R5 1600
16 GB trident Z
650 Watt PSU
1 TB HDD

Solution
It would probably depend on the game if a bottleneck would happen.

You could always update your BIOS and buy a Ryzen 3600 to replace the 1600 down the line if that is the case.
It's a good match in general but yes, it's true you would see a small bottleneck if you play cpu bound games, even if you overclock that cpu. R5 3600 is the best match for the latest cards, but that would depend in which resolution and HZ your monitor plays at. ie for 2k resolution i wouldn't bother for the cpu

At 1080P there will be more CPU usage because of the higher frame-rate, at 1440 less since the GPU load will be greater but the lower overall frame-rate will decrease CPU usage.

I wouldn't worry, if there will be any bottleneck it will be small, so I would say go ahead and buy the card, and down the line you can upgrade your CPU.