Question R5 1600 + B450 + Team 3000MHz

Jan 2, 2018
Any R5 1600 + B450 Tomahawk + Team Delta RGB 3000Mhz user here?

So I've been using that combo for almost 2 years now, and I could never get my RAM stable past default clock (2400Mhz) since I build my Computer. I've been using various MB BIOS version and nothing could help my RAM to get stable past 2400Mhz, currently using version 7C02v15 (the one before MSI release new BIOS to support Zen 2). So if there is anyone out there using the exact same combo, please share your RAM settings as I don't know what else to do.

View: https://i.imgur.com/Rb6bMNw.png
this is my RAM profile imported from Thaipoon Burner, for additional information.

Lutfij

Titan
With all due respect to the BIOS version, your processor does not fall in the category of being black listed for support. You should update the BIOS to the latest version. Since you're on 1.5, gradually work your way to the latest version.

For every BIOS update, make sure you've updated the chipset drivers as stated on their support site.

Another note, which slots have you popuated with that ram kit?

Jan 2, 2018
With all due respect to the BIOS version, your processor does not fall in the category of being black listed for support. You should update the BIOS to the latest version. Since you're on 1.5, gradually work your way to the latest version.

For every BIOS update, make sure you've updated the chipset drivers as stated on their support site.

I put the Ram in the 2nd and 4th slot from the left, If I changed the position, there are some warning tell me that I'm using the wrong slot during reboot.

Does the very latest BIOS version will not cause any trouble? since I'm still on 1st Gen Ryzen where the BIOS update are mostly for supporting Zen 2?

Jan 2, 2018

And also I did my research looking at B450 Tomahawk Memory Compatibility List for Ryzen 1st Gen, and there is no Hynix AFR (My current module) that supported at speed more than 2400. Did I just pick the wrong RAM in the first place?

TRENDING THREADS