Question R5 1600X Cooling problems,questions and upgrade paths.

Apr 9, 2019
So I have had this CPU for a few months and have noticed this problem.
I have a entry a320 AM4 motherboard with this Ryzen and a CM Master Air g100l.
Now the R5 i have is 95 W TDP and this cooler supports up to 150 W TDP somewhere i saw ? Which is bs ?
In the summer it ran at 55-60c idle which is REALLY not good in my eyes and curiously maxed out at 75c on gaming BUT dropped to around 2GHz clock from the base 3.6 Ghz and Voltage dropped too.
It is currently still the same.
My case is REALLY BAD. Has only 1 place for a outtake fan and honestly has terrible air flow from what i think.
So my upgrade next week would be a 1660 Ti or a 2060 but I need to sort this problem out too.
What is better to do. Buy a new case or buy a new cooler ? Which is more likely to be the problem ?
If i have to replace both then i have to settle with a 1660 Ti but i definitely want the 2060 :D
Thanks for the help in advance!

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Hi, get yourself a new case, minimum with 2 fan slots, front intake and rear exhaust, your new gfx card will run hotter with higher case ambient temps and boost clocks won't be as effective, regarding the cpu i suggest re installing the cooler with a new spread of paste

Apr 9, 2019

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Well I don't really have many choices to choose from over here :D
And my original question was if its better to replace that cooler OR the case for better airflow since both are terrible.
I would start with a new case, remember the CPU can handle running hot but obviously higher CPU temps means the case ambient is getting hotter which exposes other components to un needed heat, a case with good airflow means that hot air that the CPU is generating is moved out of the cases faster also remember your PSU can be used as an exhaust fan if the intake is inner faced