[SOLVED] R5 1600X High Voltage and Clock Speed on idle ?

Apr 9, 2019
Ambient is pretty hot most of the time considering i don't have a AC i also have a low profile pretty bad cooler especially for the TDP of the 1600x so
i understand if i have high temps but around 60 c on idle ?
My question is why does my voltage or clock speed not drop during idle or like 4 % usage ?
I updated my Chipset Drivers to find Ryzen Balanced but it seems like they removed it because the windows balanced one is basically the same.
I have no OC'ed anything considering my motherboard is a Asrock A320M-DGS. ( I know don't judge my choice. )
It seems like setting it on the power saver plan fixes temp's and lowers clock speed with voltage but does lower performance.
But as soon as I put balanced it jumps.
Testing AIDA64 or Real Bench with either plan tho yields 75c max after 15 minutes as well as gaming i get the same temp.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Solution
This came as a "prebuilt"?

Try resetting the BIOS to default settings.

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. During that five minutes, press the power button on the case for 30 seconds. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS...
What is your cooler model?

Have you tried running it with the case side panel off?

How many case fans and what direction for each location?

Set power to windows balanced?

Cool N Quiet and low power states enabled in the BIOS?

On the balanced plan, go into the advanced settings and make sure that the "min processor power state" is in fact set to 8%.

Make sure there is not a newer BIOS version for your board than the one you already have installed.

Make sure the CPU cooler is properly seated and that the backplate is fully secured.

Apr 9, 2019
What is your cooler model?

Have you tried running it with the case side panel off?

How many case fans and what direction for each location?

Set power to windows balanced?

Cool N Quiet and low power states enabled in the BIOS?

On the balanced plan, go into the advanced settings and make sure that the "min processor power state" is in fact set to 8%.

Make sure there is not a newer BIOS version for your board than the one you already have installed.
1st - cooler master g100l
2nd - Nope. But i would rather not.
3rd - Case is pretty shitty because i cheaped out on it so i have only 1 exhaust 80mm Fan and a PSU at the top so both act as exhaust.
4th - Yeah i have tried. Doesn't downclock or lower voltages.
5th - Cool N Quiet is in fact enable but where do i find low power states ?
6th - I have went to the minimum and set it to 5 % and it still doesn't lol
7th - Yep have the latest one including the chipset driver.

Legit only thing that drops voltage is the Power Saver plan.

That cooler is not suitable for use with that CPU. Get a better cooler.
What is your case model?

If you'd rather not run it with the side panel off then I guess you really don't want to figure out what the problem is. I'm not suggesting you do that permanently, I'm suggesting it to determine if there is a lack of airflow through the case. If temps drop with the side panel off, then you need better case cooling or a reconfiguration of the current case cooling.

Clearly, with that configuration, you NEED a different case and some case fans. One exhaust fan is not suitable or sufficient for most modern systems, and having a top mounted case design makes it even worse.

Your choice of low end motherboard is contributing to your problem, but cooling is likely the primary issue.

Are you running a graphics card as well?

Apr 9, 2019
Pretty unknown case. ( VLINE A026 )
This PC was kind of a 'custom prebuilt' so that case was cheap and did come with a power supply so thats a reason.
I am running a GPU. 1050 Ti.
I did mention i understand the high temp but what about the actual high voltage or clocks ? I saw some people drop to 0.8 V or smth on idle.

This came as a "prebuilt"?

Try resetting the BIOS to default settings.

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. During that five minutes, press the power button on the case for 30 seconds. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP profile settings, custom fan profile settings or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

If that doesn't help, try manually undervolting the CPU. You will need to do stability testing SAME as if you were overclocking, to make sure that it is stable at any given voltage below the nominal voltage, but you can probably drop quite a bit on thermals that way.

You don't say if you have the latest BIOS version or not. And if you don't, you need to GET it.

Beyond that, it's probably due to it simply being a poor quality board with poor design and low power phase. Yes, all those things can affect how the system auto regulates voltage for any given configuration.

Solution