CPU Cooler: *Noctua - NH-D9L 46.4 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: *Asus - PRIME B350M-A Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: *Corsair - Vengeance LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: *ADATA - SU800 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: *Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: *Thermaltake - Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-01

Good day everyone,

I've owned only one "gaming laptop" since 2011 which I bought after graduating High School; that was 7 years ago, so needless to say my laptop isn't doing so well in terms of keeping up with games (and for that reason I haven't been gaming for approximately 3 years)

I have no prior experience building a computer except from years of looking at pc builds I could never afford. With the R5 2400G as a entry level gaming setup this finally fits my budget a bit more.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback or input on the parts I have chosen.
Reasons for my choices:

CPU: The APU option means I can add a GPU at some point when prices ever come down.
CPU Cooler: I know the CPU of choice comes with a cooler, but I really like the look of of Dual Tower Radiators.
Motherboard: Affordable good quality? From what I read
Memory: R5 2400G loves high speed RAM as far as I can tell from many videos, however will my MoBo and CPU handle the 3200?
Storage: I went for the 256GB because the price difference where I can buy it just doesn't justify the saving of getting the 128GB, same with the 2TB seagate
Case: So I can mount the CPU cooler upright and I like the compactness

Thanks in advance

The only 2 niggles ?

You really dont need that cooler, the included spire stealth is also nice & compact & cools well enough.

Be aware , the board is going,to,need,to be updated to run a ryzen vega apu.
That's an issue if the store can't guarantee it is running the latest bios .

On , and you could do with adding a 120 or 140mm case fan to the core 21 , come with a huge intake fan,but no exhaust fan prefitted.

Also you haven't listed a psu ?

May 31, 2018
Oh yes the PSU, I was wondering how much wattage I should look at getting?

The mobo and apu is a combo deal so should automatically be supported.

On the radiator, I really just like the way the double tower looks, since I don't have a gpu I feel like 2400g builds always look empty, this will take up some space. (Plus I know someone who might give it to me for free after they upgrade)

I didn't add extractor fans to the build list, but reviews on the case have brought me to attention on the lack thereof.

If you get the noctua free I can't fault it , otherwise there are better cooling & better looking ones about imo for similar money.

Yeah everything else is good , as you say a combo deal should already be updated to work.

Psu - that's a 130w build.

Just look at a decent 400w+ . corsair cx450 is cheapish, good quality & will do the job.