R5 2400g or any other good processor.

Mohd_33

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
I only want to know that is r5 2400g processor futureproof or should i go for any other processor in this budget.
Any answer will be appreciated.

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
The processor not so much, but the socket is pretty future proof, as AMD has said that AM4 for new CPU's will be used into 2020, and probably longer. AM4 should be good till at least Zen 2+, and that's a couple/few years away. A decent X370/X470 board could be good for 5 years or more, allowing multiple CPU upgrades along the way.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on what this is for.
Simple browsing, MS word, some streaming(with restrictions), yeah sure.
Gaming? You're going to need a discreet graphics card if playing above 720p - although it CAN do some 1080p, albeit with some settings lowered.

Mohd_33

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
I will buy a gpu after 2-3 months until then i will play games on vega graphics..and ya i dont want to game on ultra,high settings..will my processor will give good performance in upcoming games.
Thanks for replying.

Keep in mind for you to get good value out of Ryzen graphics then you need fast memory in dual channel. You'll need 2 sticks of ram at least, and DDR4 2933 or better yet 3200. You'll have graphics performance around the level of a GT 1030. Also, the Ryzen graphics uses system ram, so if you buy 8gb of system ram you'll only be able to use 6gb since the other 2 will go to graphics.

The CPU itself should be fine for a while. You're not going to be needing more than 8 threads any time soon.