[SOLVED] R5 2600 and Gtx1050 good enough?

I started getting into pc's 2 years ago and gaming. I had a pc with an fx4300 and a Gt710. I decided to upgrade it to a Gtx1050 2nd because most of the cards would get bottlenecked. It is still decent though and can pull games but with money to spare, I'm going to get a ryzen 5 2600, B450 and 16GB of ram. All for 300£ on overclockers UK. Somewhere around late November. Is it worth it though and will it be a difference/severely gpu bottlenecked. I'm planning on just playing games including Pubg and Gta V at 60fps probably to be bought on the steam sale. Some games like destiny 2 go down to 3 0fps. Which I'm trying to buff with the ryzen.

I may buy a 1660ti next year depending on how much money I manage to earn. I will only be playing games at 768p 60fps on at least medium-high. Will the computer pull and be able to do tasks such as editing ? Thanks in advance

If you have a good PSU, an RX570 is not too much more expensive than a 1050 and delivers way more performance.

I have a CX450 PSU however i am usually limited to a few parts a year due to my parents however i can always ask my friend to pick one up and sell my 1050. I was thinking about the rx580 used isnt much more expensive than the 1050. I wont be doing any overclocking or upgrading therefore my PSU should be decent.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS