Question R5 2600x 1.4 Volts at auto too high?

Apr 25, 2019
Hello,

I am currently using my pc with Ryzen 5 2600x processor and Msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac motherboard. All the voltage and clock values are currently set to auto in Bios and the cpu voltage is constantly jumping around between 1.40 and 1.45 volts. While gaming, the cpu clocks is around 4000 mhz. So my question is that are these voltages too high? Should i stop using auto mode and adjust these voltages myself because am i reading everywhere that 1.4 volts for vcore is bit too high.

You are fine if it's below 65. But usual case is you can get higher oc with less voltage.

Before Intel 8th gen, per core oc wasn't known much. Everyone oced all the cores to the same ghz.

But Intel and amd auto oc applies per core oc settings to achieve those high ghz.

Look at ur gold and silver cores of your ryzen in ryzen master app. Those give you which cores can oc more.

Then you can stability test those cores by running a cinibench with 1 core at max oc.

Finding the max oc limits and then applying those settings for all cores is the way to go about it. Time consuming and tedious for sure but worth it and gives you a sense of accomplishment if you ask me.

TRENDING THREADS