Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
Hello everyone, I need your knowlegde on this one so if anyone wishes to pass some onto me, I'd be thankful. :)

So, I have a Ryzen 5 2600x processor with a stock Wraith Spire cooler. It works great tbh, as it reaches about 75C on full fan speed while gaming.

I clocked the CPU to 3.9 with my wraith spire, and I am satisfied, mostly because cooler is so silent, I can't hear it at all.

Recently I've read somewhere that it is bad to get over 70C on Ryzen even tho it says in specs that max temp is 95C (which is a HUGE NO-NO imo) and that confused me. Is 70ish dangerous?

I've been thinking about a new aftermarket cooler to get the temp lower (below 70C) and to give myself the option to push for 4GHz+ possibly. I am interested in Cooler Master 212 Hyper EVO and AMD Wraith Max based on the voice of people, but I want to know your suggestions.

Which budget friendly AIR coolers would you suggest for running Ryzen 5 2600x at 4GHz below 70C? By budget I mean around $65, taking in consideration NOISE and COOLING EFFICIENCY, not interested in RGB. Thanks! :)

Solution
Hello everyone, I need your knowlegde on this one so if anyone wishes to pass some onto me, I'd be thankful. :)

So, I have a Ryzen 5 2600x processor with a stock Wraith Spire cooler. It works great tbh, as it reaches about 75C on full fan speed while gaming.

I clocked the CPU to 3.9 with my wraith spire, and I am satisfied, mostly because cooler is so silent, I can't hear it at all.

Recently I've read somewhere that it is bad to get over 70C on Ryzen even tho it says in specs that max temp is 95C (which is a HUGE NO-NO imo) and that confused me. Is 70ish dangerous?

I've been thinking about a new aftermarket cooler to get the temp lower (below 70C) and to give myself the option to push for 4GHz+ possibly. I am interested in...

Jorma04

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019

I've been thinking about a new aftermarket cooler to get the temp lower (below 70C) and to give myself the option to push for 4GHz+ possibly. I am interested in Cooler Master 212 Hyper EVO and AMD Wraith Max based on the voice of people, but I want to know your suggestions.

Which budget friendly AIR coolers would you suggest for running Ryzen 5 2600x at 4GHz below 70C? By budget I mean around $65, taking in consideration NOISE and COOLING EFFICIENCY, not interested in RGB. Thanks! :)
70c is ok but in gaming a bit high. Get The arctic esports 34duo. It is The best Price to performance air-cooler. Make sure to check different stores For The best Price.

Reactions: Raikko Kiminen
Solution

Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
70c is ok but in gaming a bit high. Get The arctic esports 34duo. It is The best Price to performance air-cooler. Make sure to check different stores For The best Price.

Uh oh, there is not a single arctic 34 cooler in the whole country, and ordering from newegg would cost me double the money so it is not worth it. There was one worker who suggested 2 alternatives:
-FSP Fortron WINDALE 6
-Thermaltake riing silent 12 pro

Do you think any of there is good replacement? :/