[SOLVED] R5 3600+B450 Mortar MAX for RTX 3080?

savior.ph

Prominent
Sep 3, 2020
Question. Am I going to have an issue if I used 3080 with a PCIe gen 3 slot? I have R5 3600, B450 Mortar MAX and 80+ Gold 750W PSU. I'm planning to buy an RTX 3080 when it comes out. HELP!

Solution
It's backwards compatible but the truth of the matter is that the card was just announced and the reviews are yet to come through for us to read. I'd say please wait for the reviews to show if the step up from PCIe 3 to 4 has any added benefits in gaming and productivity.

Often times, numbers are only added to make it seem new...not always the case when money is parted and you didn't get what you paid for.

Lutfij

Titan
It's backwards compatible but the truth of the matter is that the card was just announced and the reviews are yet to come through for us to read. I'd say please wait for the reviews to show if the step up from PCIe 3 to 4 has any added benefits in gaming and productivity.

Often times, numbers are only added to make it seem new...not always the case when money is parted and you didn't get what you paid for.

Solution

savior.ph

Prominent
Sep 3, 2020

Thank you for the kind response! I'll be waiting for further information about how this will be fit to my current build. Have a great day!