[SOLVED] R5 3600 with nzxt z63 kraken aio reaching ~70 degrees

Sep 9, 2021
Specs-
r5 3600 no oc
nzxt z63
msi mpg x570
rtx 2080 oc

I'm reaching about 70 degrees in cinebench r23. I used to have a hyper 212, with a 4.2ghz oc and my temps were better than this. I've got my radiator mounted at the top of my tower as an exhaust

Solution
Some say you can't go overkill on a cooler... looks like the smaller cooler was more effective at cooling a cpu that didn't produce much heat to begin with.
a certain amount of heat will be generated/sustained at 4.2 GHz with whatever core voltage is applied, and, a liquid cooling rig will not drstically alter than or supply results rivaling some sort of chilling unit; it's possible your expectations for reduced temps might have been higher than those feasible. (Any heat inside the case from the GPU under load will make cooling the fluid thru it's brief radiator circuit/journey more difficult)

Sep 9, 2021
a certain amount of heat will be generated/sustained at 4.2 GHz with whatever core voltage is applied, and, a liquid cooling rig will not drstically alter than or supply results rivaling some sort of chilling unit; it's possible your expectations for reduced temps might have been higher than those feasible. (Any heat inside the case from the GPU under load will make cooling the fluid thru it's brief radiator circuit/journey more difficult)
I understand that, but with my hyper 212 the temps were even lower

TRENDING THREADS