[SOLVED] r5 5600 is always above 3ghz

BarderoJ

Prominent
Oct 27, 2022
I have asus tuf gaming b550m-plus and ryzen 5 5600.
Cpu always hold near to max frequency even when im not doin anythin. How do i fix this?

p.s didnt find amd cool and quiet in bios. Did check windows power managment but didnt help

BarderoJ

Prominent
Oct 27, 2022
I ahve asus tuf gaming b550m-plus and r5 5600. And cpu is always at max frequency even when im not doin anythin.

I didnt find amd cool and quiet in bios and did check power managment(frequency doesnt drop until i drop it myself)

Also, Cool -n- Quiet has been discontinued. Look instead for an advanced C-States setting in BIOS and ensure it's enabled. That will allow individual cores to completely shut down during idle periods. You'll never actually 'see' it in monitoring programs, though. Doing so makes the core will wake up to say what it was operating at. Instead, it just reports the last state it was at before shutting down.

I have asus tuf gaming b550m-plus and ryzen 5 5600.
Cpu always hold near to max frequency even when im not doin anythin. How do i fix this?

p.s didnt find amd cool and quiet in bios. Did check windows power managment but didnt help
Even when you "when im not doin anythin" doesn't mean something is not running in the background. That's first thing to check for, Real idle would be when CPU usage is at 1% or less.
Another thing, CPU has 6 cores and depending on program used to check speed as it may show speed for all cores while in reality only one core is at that frequency while others are at 0 in "sleep" mode.