[SOLVED] R5 5600X and RAM

Majkel133

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Hi,
Klevv CRAS X or Thermaltake TOUGHRAM XG will not be good for the 5600X? 3600MHz CL16. I am asking because I saw that G.SKILL Trident Z Neo are compatible with the Ryzen 5000 series so now I'm confused.

Solution
Hi,
Klevv CRAS X or Thermaltake TOUGHRAM XG will not be good for the 5600X? 3600MHz CL16. I am asking because I saw that G.SKILL Trident Z Neo are compatible with the Ryzen 5000 series so now I'm confused.

Your best bet is to always check your motherboard makers memory compatibility list. It's a roll of the dice using ram not on their test list...if given a choice I would always buy something they've tested to avoid potential issues.

Cubrix

Commendable
Nov 28, 2019
I think you should rather check the compatibility with your motherboard. New CPU's may come out and the Ram manufacturers might not have updated their description and that might make you think that it's not compatible. If your motherboard is compatible with your RAM, surely your CPU will also work. Just check on your Motherboard website BIOS updates to make sure if there were any updates for compatibility issues.

Reactions: Majkel133
Hi,

Your best bet is to always check your motherboard makers memory compatibility list. It's a roll of the dice using ram not on their test list...if given a choice I would always buy something they've tested to avoid potential issues.

Reactions: Majkel133
Solution