[SOLVED] R6S getting 90ish Frames.

Dennis_98

Reputable
May 13, 2017
www.userbenchmark.com
My build is a 3800x clocked at 4.2 with a 2070 super and for some reason when I run with these settings I only get about 90ish fps. I compared to my friends who is running the game on a 9700K and a regular 2070 and he's getting about 200+ fps on the same settings. Granted he did overclock his CPU and GPU, but I feel like I should be getting more than 90 frames. I also compared it with my friend who has a 3700x and a 5700 who is running everything ultra and getting about 140-200 fps. View: https://imgur.com/nbg6N3G
View: https://imgur.com/vLhJYyW

Solution
I can get anywhere from 100 to 200ish fps in R6S depending on graphic options in game...some settings like shadows will hammer frame rates. You'll simply have to test different settings until you find ones that satisfy you...I settled around 150fps with most settings on med or high since im on a 144hz freesync monitor. I've found there's not a whole lot of difference in image quality between med and high/very high in a lot of the options...the only really significant change happens with texture quality. Don't forget if you force settings in the nVidia control panel they will override the in-game settings and can have a serious impact on fps.
I can get anywhere from 100 to 200ish fps in R6S depending on graphic options in game...some settings like shadows will hammer frame rates. You'll simply have to test different settings until you find ones that satisfy you...I settled around 150fps with most settings on med or high since im on a 144hz freesync monitor. I've found there's not a whole lot of difference in image quality between med and high/very high in a lot of the options...the only really significant change happens with texture quality. Don't forget if you force settings in the nVidia control panel they will override the in-game settings and can have a serious impact on fps.

Solution

Dennis_98

Reputable
May 13, 2017
www.userbenchmark.com
Yeah I understand that but my think is comparing my build to my two friends I have the better GPU and CPU are essentially the same, and I'm getting significantly less frames on same settings which is weird.

Dennis_98

Reputable
May 13, 2017
www.userbenchmark.com
I also have my nvidia control panel on default.

I also have my nvidia control panel on default.

Is it possible they don't have their control panel on default? It's hard to be exactly the same...are your monitors and the refresh rates exactly the same ? Are you running Vsync on and they're not ? There are a lot of things to look at...

Have you run any benchmarks like Cinebench R20 to see if your system is running as expected ? I know from looking at reviews that R6S is GPU bound...a Ryzen 3600x runs it the same as a 3900x...so my guess is there's something GPU related affecting your fps.

Reactions: Dennis_98