[SOLVED] R6S Started stuttering out of the blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeIiodas

Commendable
Jun 7, 2017
Hi!
So i always have been playing Rainbow six siege with a good experience and smooth gameplay, but out of nowhere 2 days ago i started having horrible stuttering which makes it unplayable. I have been troubleshooting for 2 days straight and really can't seem to fix it. As far as i know it only happens on R6S. The day before this problem happened i was playing the game with no problems, and the morning after they started.

I3 8350k
Msi GTX 1060
Crucial 8gb ddr4
Gigabyte z370 hd3

Anyone might now why this happens?
I also noticed r6 tries to take up to 100% of my cpu, ofcourse i have no idea if that was the case before the problems happened. And it seems to be a common thing for r6 since all my friends have it too, but no stuttering involved.

Solution
Hi!
So i always have been playing Rainbow six siege with a good experience and smooth gameplay, but out of nowhere 2 days ago i started having horrible stuttering which makes it unplayable. I have been troubleshooting for 2 days straight and really can't seem to fix it. As far as i know it only happens on R6S. The day before this problem happened i was playing the game with no problems, and the morning after they started.

I3 8350k
Msi GTX 1060
Crucial 8gb ddr4
Gigabyte z370 hd3

I also noticed r6 tries to take up to 100% of my cpu, ofcourse i have no idea if that was the case before the problems happened. And it seems to be a common thing for r6 since all my friends have it too, but no stuttering...

MeIiodas

Commendable
Jun 7, 2017
Check files via its launcher, scan for viruses and are u sure there wasn't any recent update?
There wasnt any update of r6, i also tried reinstalling the game and i also tried moving it to my SSD. I already scanned for viruses and found nothing. I did disable full screen optimization in properties/compatibility of it which helped a bit but its still not as it used to

CoDrift

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
Wait! Try this: Cap your FPS to 60 and play for a while, if it still stutters, lower cap to 30 fps. If it doesn't stutter, cap higher till you're comfortable. Also, try turning on G-Sync if you have a compatible monitor. This helped me in CSGO.

MeIiodas

Commendable
Jun 7, 2017
Wait! Try this: Cap your FPS to 60 and play for a while, if it still stutters, lower cap to 30 fps. If it doesn't stutter, cap higher till you're comfortable. Also, try turning on G-Sync if you have a compatible monitor. This helped me in CSGO.
Thing is, it ran perfectly fine for the longest time. And playing with V-sync is horrible because it gives u input delay

PersianR6

Reputable
Dec 21, 2019
Have u tried to check the nvidia program? Check if R6S is on high performance there,
Also check ur Power setting use High performance option. Try closing every single program that is running in the background and that should fix your issue!

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Hi!

I3 8350k
Msi GTX 1060
Crucial 8gb ddr4
Gigabyte z370 hd3

I also noticed r6 tries to take up to 100% of my cpu, ofcourse i have no idea if that was the case before the problems happened. And it seems to be a common thing for r6 since all my friends have it too, but no stuttering involved.

What does the resource monitor screen say about your RAM? Preferably, you'll want to check it while gaming, but I don't think it matters much with you only having 8gb's. Its not enough for video games, I don't care what the game is, its bread crumbs. Chances are that what little space you have left is being eaten alive by the 'standby memory' which will be illustrated on the bar in dark blue. There are ways that you can remedy this, but the most direct way is to simply get another 8gbs and call it a day. 16 gbs is the new minimum, ignore whatever ram is listed for these games in the system specifications.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.