R7 240 3 monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ze_Goblin

Reputable
May 4, 2014
Okay, I know this card can do it. Its the reason I got with my limited budget. How does one make three monitors work with the R7 240 card?
I have all the monitors plugged into each hook up but win7 only wants to allow two to connect at once.

fosobox

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
I am having the same issues...can you please clarify your answer: "non-DP screens at once. You need an active displayport-DVI adapter, or at least one DP-capable display."

I am currently using hdmi to dvi-d on display 1, dvi-d to dvi-d...display 2 and vga to vga display 3. ...the card recognizes all 3 displays on model numbers but only extends desktop to 1 and 2 and #3 it wont display anything. Again its shows all three profiles but wont display anything. Please help. Thanks !

Marchellino

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

I have the R7 240, two DP monitors, one VGA monitor and an Active DP male-> DVI-I female adapter.
I connect
the R7 VGA connector with a VGA cable to VGA monitor,
the R7 HDMI connector with a HDMI cable to the HDMI port of one DP monitor,
the R7 DVI connector with a DVI cable to the Active DP adapter which I connect to the DP port of the second DP monitor and the USB connector of the active DP adapter to my computer.
This is not working!
What am I doing wrong?
The active DP adapter is of delock.com

Marchellino

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
So when I understand it correctly, this active DP to DVI adapter will only work when there is a DP port on the card. Unfortunately there is no DP port on the R7 240 card. So the only solution is a DVI to DP active adapter. Any suggestions where I can purchase such a adapter?

Marchellino

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Hi Someone Somewhere
Ze_Goblin started this topic with the title : R7 240 3 monitors
The answers you and others gave convinced me that it was possible to run three monitors with this card. Now you are saying that this card can only run with two monitors. I'm a bit disappointed :(

Hamsterboy

Reputable
May 1, 2015

I have the amd radeon r7 240 2gb, it has:
1 vga
1 dvi-d
1 hdmi
Right now i have 3 monitor but only 2 are working; one in through hdmi and the other through dvi-d, if i plug in my third screen (in the vga) it does detect it and shows the name but is unable to actually let it work.
What should i do?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS