[SOLVED] R7 2700 OC

Nov 5, 2019
stick with 1 thread
so i have a R7 2700 that i overclocked to 3.7 ghz and it stays 63 C with stock cooler
its max clock speed is 4.1 ghz and its base is 3.2 so is 3.7 ghz enough or should i try more

Solution
  • Turn that off
  • Set stock operations in the BIOS (but enable XMP/D.O.C.P).
  • Enable "High Performance" power plan inside Windows.
Then put a load on the CPU (Cinebench or similar) and monitor how the clock speeds perform inside RyzenMaster.

There's very little "overclocking" headroom on these chips - but unless you're thermal throttling, or have a board with exceptionally poor power delivery, you should be running at >3.7GHz out of the box.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Is it turbo'ing beyond 3.7GHz?

Out of the box, under the right temperature conditions (and power profile in Windows), you should be boosting to around 3.9GHz all-core anyway.

A 3.7GHz "overclock", if it's pegged at 3.7GHz is actually limiting performance vs 'stock' operation.

Reactions: damric
Nov 5, 2019
so b
Is it turbo'ing beyond 3.7GHz?

Out of the box, under the right temperature conditions (and power profile in Windows), you should be boosting to around 3.9GHz all-core anyway.

A 3.7GHz "overclock", if it's pegged at 3.7GHz is actually limiting performance vs 'stock' operation.
so basically my cpu has something called a game mode which when enabled make cpu 3.7 ghz so i activated it via bios should i turn it off or try to overclock more ??

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
  • Turn that off
Then put a load on the CPU (Cinebench or similar) and monitor how the clock speeds perform inside RyzenMaster.

There's very little "overclocking" headroom on these chips - but unless you're thermal throttling, or have a board with exceptionally poor power delivery, you should be running at >3.7GHz out of the box.

Solution
Nov 5, 2019
  • Turn that off

okay ill try that later and keep u updated i hope you respond 😀

Nov 5, 2019
  • Turn that off

so here are the results

Nov 5, 2019
  • Turn that off

so i did that and i got peak was 3.3ghz i have a msi b450m gaming plus and my edc was at 99 percent and my tdc on 95

Nov 5, 2019
  • Turn that off

and btw i have the standard R7 2700 not the X

Nov 5, 2019
A quick google search reveals the EDC refers to the VRM capabilities.

Try windows balanced power plan and then clearing CMOS if that doesnt work.
when i turn game boost on it goes to peak 3.7 ghz i tried resetting to stock settings but goes to 3.3ghz on ryzen master when on load i tried puting power plan to high preformance didnt change anything