[SOLVED] R7 2700x Temperature spikes

Dec 8, 2019
So i just got a 2700x yesterday and it's working so much better than my old i5 4460.
But i noticed every couple seconds(5-20) the temperature rises by 10 degrees and the cooler ramps up and it goes back to normal.
Like it's sitting at 35 and jumps to 45 and it comes back down.
It's not a big problem but just the cooler gets a bit annoying.

Solution
So i just got a 2700x yesterday and it's working so much better than my old i5 4460.
But i noticed every couple seconds(5-20) the temperature rises by 10 degrees and the cooler ramps up and it goes back to normal.
It's just reacting to demands from OS and programs, modern CPUs are faster to react and speed up.
It's just reacting to demands from OS and programs, modern CPUs are faster to react and speed up.

Solution

SlugBugBuddy

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
I noticed this on my R7 2700X as well, what software are you using to monitor temps and voltages?
temperature fluctuations are normal in a multi-threaded CPU. The only time you need to really worry is if temps go beyond 75-80c

Reactions: CountMike