R9 270 2GB Vram 2560 x 1440?

Rasmus007

Reputable
Apr 5, 2016
I just got a brand new Omenn 27 inch monitor that supports 144Hz. I know my graphics card is quite old and I don't expect it to perform well although the only games I'm playing at this resolution is a league of legends and counter strike. After giving it a gaming test it stutters, not horrible, but every now and then walking around it just does not feel good.

I will be bringing this monitor with me to college this fall and hooking up my laptop to it (Inspiron 15 7000 gaming.) This will be the laptop I plan to play these games off of but this laptop also has a GTX 1050 whereas the Desktop I tried running it with last night was my R9 270 card.

I have tried putting it on 60Hz but the resolution just seems to kill it although from what I read some people claim that the card should still be able to run games like league and csgo. Another clue would be my fps monitor, now it claims to be almost always around 80 but it defiantly does not feel it at points so it seems to be either micro stutters or some minor screen tearing.

All help is much appreciated as I am new to this resolution and I am not very good when it comes to optimizing games based off of the resolution they are being played at.

Solution
Your post does not really match the question, you are talking about two systems, what exactly are you asking? That is a pretty high resolution to run at 144hz with an R7 270 card. Set the resolution to 1080 and see how it runs.