r9 270 exceeds 70c

ramo94

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
i have i5 4440 & sapphire r9 270 dual-x battlefield 4 edition on an asrock h81-hds

while playing heavy games like watch dogs .. my gpu temp hits 70 - 73 .. while it shouldnt exceed 70c .. notice that that the over temp occurs when the weather temp around 44c .. any advices?

i also tried adjusting sapphire trixx fan curve
http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#q1s28d61m80o78m

any better suggestions?
myfiles

Solution
You would be advised to purchase 2-3 additional case fans. Use 2 as intake, and either get a fan to match the original exhaust fan and move both to top exhaust, no rear, or just move the original to top exhaust. No rear. Heat rises, it doesn't like to move sideways. Either way, get intake fans, and all your temps will drop, case, CPU and gpu.

iron8orn

Admirable
How is your case cooling situation?
Are you using stock case fans?
Do you have a side intake fan blowing cool air across your video card?
Is to much hot air building up in your case? You can remove your case side panel for testing.
What is your cpu temp in gaming?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

With those outside temps are you fine.When going over 85°C should you really start to look at it.If worried could you,at the expense of more noise,up the rpm from the fan in the ccc.
With a program like msi afterburner could you even create a custom fanprofile.

ramo94

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013

i have NZXT source 210
i use the stock fan and didnt install any extra case fan
my cpu temprature is around 60c but never exceeds the 70
the nzxt 210 doesnt have side fan .. only behind .. up and down

ramo94

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013

i use the sapphire trixx .. i think its works fine

I am confused. If you have no intake fans, you need one.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You would be advised to purchase 2-3 additional case fans. Use 2 as intake, and either get a fan to match the original exhaust fan and move both to top exhaust, no rear, or just move the original to top exhaust. No rear. Heat rises, it doesn't like to move sideways. Either way, get intake fans, and all your temps will drop, case, CPU and gpu.

Solution