R9 270 on Gigabyte GA-EG41MF-US2H issues

weegaz22

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
i have a GIGABYTE GA-EG41MF-US2H motherboard and i am trying to get an R9 270 card by xfx to run on it, the psu isn't the issue as that's been upped to a 750w unit, when i turn on i just get a blank screen, on the odd occasion i will get a whole load of random coloured pixels like in a crash but more the blank screen than anything else, the card works fine as i have confirmed it working on an older gigabyte board , just doesn't want to work on this, any idea's? have updated mobo bios to latest and changed all the settings but still nothing

weegaz22

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014

Tried the usual Plug n play method without drivers, then with, still same result, blank screen, ended up putting my Radeon HD6870 card in to rule out the pci-e slot being defective and it booted up first time, so obviously there is a hardware conflict between the motherboard and GPU on the R9, that was with me upping the motherboard bios to highest version, they just don't seem compatible no matter what you try, the BIOS doesn't give you the option to fully disable the onboard graphics, just an option to have it recognise the card in the pci-e slot and run from that or to ignore the card in the slot and continue using onboard graphics

Gave up in the end and kept the radeon in that machine and i took the R9

TRENDING THREADS