R9 270x hdmi no output after powering off without shutting down

Saravanan R

Reputable
May 6, 2014
Hi all, I have i5 2500k with r9 270x with crosair GS600 psu I have noticed that whenever I accidently powered off the cpu without proper shut down the there is no signal from hdmi of the gpu but only from on board hdmi if I open the case and remove and reinsert the gpu it's works fine again until the next power off without shutdown. But when I shutdown properly I have no issues... Can some shed light why this may be? Is the card being not detected so that on board swings to action? I see the power input lights (near the molex) on the gpu all the time on though. Thanks of any help in advance.

Solution
A) Your PSU is unfortunately not the best and most of the issues you will face with this PC would be due to this alone
B) I have the same card in my second system. Till last year, due to AMD drivers, it used to happen with me that my monitor wont wake up after going to sleep without a cold boot. It was annoying. This got auto resolved last year with a driver update
C) Please use a UPS for proper shut down of the PC in case of black outs. If you keep running the system like this, more problems will arise

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
A) Your PSU is unfortunately not the best and most of the issues you will face with this PC would be due to this alone
B) I have the same card in my second system. Till last year, due to AMD drivers, it used to happen with me that my monitor wont wake up after going to sleep without a cold boot. It was annoying. This got auto resolved last year with a driver update
C) Please use a UPS for proper shut down of the PC in case of black outs. If you keep running the system like this, more problems will arise

Solution