Question R9 280X black screen and green artifacts ?

May 1, 2022
I bought an r9 280x 3gb and used it for a month now. I read it had some heating issues so I left the case open. Yesterday, I accidentally touched the gpu while the PC was running and the display went black. I restarted it but it always showed a black screen after the windows logo. I watched some tutorials and enabled safe mode and uninstalled the drivers. Then the pc started running normally but the display had vertical green lines/artifacts. Now, I have tried the latest Adrenalin, the latest WHQL adrenalin and an older driver for the pc but I had no luck getting the pc to work without problems.

Whenever i install a driver, the screen goes black and if restarted, goes black after windows logo and whenever i uninstall the drivers using DDU and reinstall the drivers, the screen goes black ?

Please help me as I am a beginner and know nothing about PC hardware. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The issue you speak of is that the GPU is beyond repair, hence the artifacting. Driver reinstallation, reflowing and even repairing the power delivery on the card won't solve the issue. Infact, it's highly possible that you shorted out the GPU when you touched the GPU while it was operating.

Have you tried powering the card on a donor system? Spec to your build? Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

May 1, 2022

The issue you speak of is that the GPU is beyond repair, hence the artifacting. Driver reinstallation, reflowing and even repairing the power delivery on the card won't solve the issue. Infact, it's highly possible that you shorted out the GPU
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

The issue you speak of is that the GPU is beyond repair, hence the artifacting. Driver reinstallation, reflowing and even repairing the power delivery on the card won't solve the issue. Infact, it's highly possible that you shorted out the GPU when you touched the GPU while it was operating.

Have you tried powering the card on a donor system? Spec to your build? Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
No, I dont have any other pc system at my house, so i didnt test it on any other system.
my specs are
core i5 3470
h61 motherboard
8gb ram
120gb ssd
500gb hdd.
so there's no solution for this?😕