R9 280x Buzzing/grinding noise and bf3 crashing

Ziimzy

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
Hi guys,

I just finished my build last night and I have a few tiny problems. First off when I stress test the GPU (gigabyte 3GB R9 280x) or play bf3 after about 20 seconds the fan starts making a buzzing / grinding noise. Im guessing its because the fans are hitting something or? Should I return it? Or fix it? Or give it to someone to fix? Also not sure if its related but ive played bf3 twice and after about 20 minutes it crashes... Very vague I know but Im not sure what to tell you guys. Any info you need I should be able to give you. Thanks in advance - sorry Its so vague.

Specs:
Gigabyte r9 280x (Newest AMD drivers 13.11 beta)
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
AMD 8350 (not overclocked)
Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
550w XFX
8GB Corsair Vengeance
250GB SSD

Ziimzy

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013

Called scan they said yep RMA it so Im going to call and ask if they can just send me a replacement straight away. And yes it still kept making the noise. It can be stopped if I push on the plastic in a certain way. My dad also touched the fan by mistake and it stopped all together for 5 minutes and the card was 5 degrees cooler haha. BF3 still crashes. Got some BSOD's aswell but Ive asked around they say GPU drivers and Sound drivers. Im trying some other versions of catalyst.