R9 280x Driver Problems, need urgent help!

IronicRainbow

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Hello. I recently purchased an MSI R9 280x Twin Frozr II. It was about $300, and it just arrived today. I slapped it in my system and *tried to install the drivers from both the disc and the website. However, when I tried this it says: "Completed (errors have occoured)" or something along those lines. I opened up the log and it showed that both the video driver and the HDMI audio driver did not install, however, everything else did. I tried this with the 13.11 and 13.10 drivers. Does anyone know why this happens?

P.S. My power supply is 600w, so it is suitable.

Solution
Use driver sweeper to completely uninstall all Radeon drivers, then re-download the latest drivers and try the installation again. I've actually seen quite a few people with Radeon driver issues. In most cases this problem is solved by a clean re-installation.

thismafiaguy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Use driver sweeper to completely uninstall all Radeon drivers, then re-download the latest drivers and try the installation again. I've actually seen quite a few people with Radeon driver issues. In most cases this problem is solved by a clean re-installation.

Solution

IronicRainbow

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

You mean the option to uninstall the drivers when you open up the Catalyst install? Yes, I have. That too was unsuccessful.

TRENDING THREADS