r9 290 black screen fix?

Aug 27, 2018
My r9 290 always crashes to a black screen when no matter what i am doing 20-40mins after booting up. It happens faster when i play games. I find that if I put my computer to sleep every 20mins or so I can prevent the crash for the next 30mins or so. Does anyone know why this may be happening or how to fix this issue?

Solution
My r9 290 always crashes to a black screen when no matter what i am doing 20-40mins after booting up. It happens faster when i play games
This could be anything. I would:

1. Reinstall the latest GPU drivers.
2. Check temps to make sure nothing is running hotter than 80c when it happens.
3. Take out GPU, clean the socket + GPU lane (golden part) with a soft cloth/tissue and make sure the power connector is clean and firmly connected.
3-2. Use different PCI-E if you have another one.
4. Try a mild underclock with MSI Afterburner.
5. Test the GPU on another system to rule find out if the GPU is failing or some other part interfering.

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
My r9 290 always crashes to a black screen when no matter what i am doing 20-40mins after booting up. It happens faster when i play games
This could be anything. I would:

1. Reinstall the latest GPU drivers.
2. Check temps to make sure nothing is running hotter than 80c when it happens.
3. Take out GPU, clean the socket + GPU lane (golden part) with a soft cloth/tissue and make sure the power connector is clean and firmly connected.
3-2. Use different PCI-E if you have another one.
4. Try a mild underclock with MSI Afterburner.
5. Test the GPU on another system to rule find out if the GPU is failing or some other part interfering.

Solution