r9 290x crossfire vs gtx titan black sli vs gtx 690 sli vs radeon hd 7990 crossfire

daniele1234

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Hi

I am doing an extreme new rig and i was just wondering should i get r9 290x crossfire, gtx titan black sli, gtx 690 sli or radeon hd 7990 crossfire. I will be gaming at 4k and mostly be using my gpu for extreme gaming and video editing. Price isn't an issue for me but i do not want to be spending upwards of 3000 dollars (so no titan z).

Thanks

:)

Solution
If you don't mind going all the way up to 3k, then you might want to try and crossfire the R9 295X2 when its officially released. It's basically a dual R9 290X shoved in one core, and it has its own closed loop, maintenance free cooling system that keeps it at 60 C. The cores are overclocked so that it's literally like having 2 R9 290Xs in one card, as opposed to the Titan-Z which is underclocked( you get underclocked cores from bad batches). It costs half as much, so if you wait a month or 2, you'll get a LOT of bang for your buck. Otherwise, I would recommend the Titan Black SLI because it doesn't require a swamp cooler and has better drivers than 7990. Hope this helped!

THUNDERHAWK

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
2 7990s would trump everything there, but you'd have to worry about the microstutter of quad Xfire. Not to mention that 7990s are near impossible to find.

I'd go with dual Titan black. 5760 cores and 6GB of 7Ghz RAM will push pixels at 4k like no other combo on the market.

mordorrson

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
If you don't mind going all the way up to 3k, then you might want to try and crossfire the R9 295X2 when its officially released. It's basically a dual R9 290X shoved in one core, and it has its own closed loop, maintenance free cooling system that keeps it at 60 C. The cores are overclocked so that it's literally like having 2 R9 290Xs in one card, as opposed to the Titan-Z which is underclocked( you get underclocked cores from bad batches). It costs half as much, so if you wait a month or 2, you'll get a LOT of bang for your buck. Otherwise, I would recommend the Titan Black SLI because it doesn't require a swamp cooler and has better drivers than 7990. Hope this helped!

Solution