Question r9 380 + fx 6300 3.5 ghz issue 2019 setemper

king sheriff

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
OK so i have a fx 6300 ( yess in 2019 i know ) and i paired it with r9 380 sapphire nitro 4GB and i have been having so much problem
like 1 the gpu is always around 30 to 60% where the CPU is at 70 to 80% i cant figure it out if its bottle neck and this is on batman arkham city , fortnite season 10 ,csgo, apex legends , far cry 4 , and dauntless .

second one is that my games are strutting this didn't happen before when i had the radeon 7870 2GB i have updated my motherboard bois and the windows i have updated my and radeon software
but when i update to the latest i get stutters in fortnite thats even worse and i get screen tear forcing me to put on vsync (again this never happened with my radon 7870 )
if you can help pls do i have been looking for a solution for 2 days

fx 6300 3.5ghz
r9 380 sapphire nitro 4gb
m5a78l-m/usb3
550w psu
1tb hhd
120gb ssd

king sheriff

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
OK I did the ddu GPU install thing safe mode and everything

For batman everything maxed out at 60fps all the time
Csgo still suffered not reaching over 100fps assassin creed black flag maxxed out 1080p only getting g 50fps

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

Csgo still suffered not reaching over 100fps assassin creed black flag maxxed out 1080p only getting g 50fp

Csgo still suffered not reaching over 100fps assassin creed black flag maxxed out 1080p only getting g 50fps

So, Batman is fine, CSGO which is CPU intensive game does not reach 100 fps where it should average 120ish and assassin's creed games that are very badly optimised run with 50 fps, again normal.

The tearing you mentioned in your first post is to be expected when vsync is off. The only problem I see is with CSGO. Can you run hwmonitor and post a screenshot?
HWMONITOR: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

king sheriff

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
So, Batman is fine, CSGO which is CPU intensive game does not reach 100 fps where it should average 120ish and assassin's creed games that are very badly optimised run with 50 fps, again normal.

The tearing you mentioned in your first post is to be expected when vsync is off. The only problem I see is with CSGO. Can you run hwmonitor and post a screenshot?
HWMONITOR: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
Sure no problem

The temperatures for the CPU are a tad high but not too much to consider thermal throttling. How long were you playing when you took that screenshot?
Have you changed thermal paste while you own it?
Can you also post a screenshot of the voltages? There should be in the top of hwmonitor.

king sheriff

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
i got the system already used about 7 months ago and i am planning to change the cpu fan and the thermal past i think its really out dated and the cpu fan ( stock) is really russty and dusty