Question r9 380 + fx 6300 3.5 ghz issue 2019 setemper

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

king sheriff

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
OK so i have a fx 6300 ( yess in 2019 i know ) and i paired it with r9 380 sapphire nitro 4GB and i have been having so much problem
like 1 the gpu is always around 30 to 60% where the CPU is at 70 to 80% i cant figure it out if its bottle neck and this is on batman arkham city , fortnite season 10 ,csgo, apex legends , far cry 4 , and dauntless .

second one is that my games are strutting this didn't happen before when i had the radeon 7870 2GB i have updated my motherboard bois and the windows i have updated my and radeon software
but when i update to the latest i get stutters in fortnite thats even worse and i get screen tear forcing me to put on vsync (again this never happened with my radon 7870 )
if you can help pls do i have been looking for a solution for 2 days

fx 6300 3.5ghz
r9 380 sapphire nitro 4gb
m5a78l-m/usb3
550w psu
1tb hhd
120gb ssd

i got the system already used about 7 months ago and i am planning to change the cpu fan and the thermal past i think its really out dated and the cpu fan ( stock) is really russty and dusty
If it's rusty you should definitely switch to another one. I would suggest https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-air-coolers/hyper-212-evo/ as a cheap and efficient cooler if you don't want to spend too much or almost any Noctua cooler.

strange that it does not show the 12v, 5v and 3v rails. The readings are not accurate ofcourse but it's an indication that if they are low or high that there is something going on.

Try changing the thermal paste and remove any dust from your PC as a first move. I would highly suggest to change the CPU cooler to an aftermarket as mentioned above.

If you have a multimeter or you can borrow one, check the readings of your PSU.

king sheriff

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
If it's rusty you should definitely switch to another one. I would suggest https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-air-coolers/hyper-212-evo/ as a cheap and efficient cooler if you don't want to spend too much or almost any Noctua cooler.

strange that it does not show the 12v, 5v and 3v rails. The readings are not accurate ofcourse but it's an indication that if they are low or high that there is something going on.

Try changing the thermal paste and remove any dust from your PC as a first move. I would highly suggest to change the CPU cooler to an aftermarket as mentioned above.

If you have a multimeter or you can borrow one, check the readings of your PSU.
OK I'll save up for the CPU cooler and thermal paste

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk