R9 380 LED lights blink blue and Monitor has no signal

otxoama

Commendable
Nov 7, 2018
I hadn't used the comp in 1 year. Worked perfectly before. Turned it on. CPU fan, Case fan, and GPU lights all turned on. But I couldn't get it to display anything on my monitor and it shows as no signal. I tried two different HDMI cables and a DisplayPort cable. Still didn't display anything. I got a new MOBO and I still have the same issue but now my GPU light on the card blinks. It's on the silent and stop LED lights. And I still can't get my monitor to display anything.

Things I've tried:

-Different HDMI cables. A Display Port cable
-Reseating the RAM
-Reconnecting the boards PS, and GPU power supply

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
are you connecting the monitor to the ports on the back of the GPU and NOT the motherboard?

Also, feel free to tell us all of your system specs.
Don't cheap out on the details either, exact make and model of parts is important with exception to HDD and SSD, those don't matter.
But make and model of the following would help:

Motherboard
CPU
GPU
PSU

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
ok. you have and iGPU. that's good.
completely remove the GPU from the system and plug a video cable into the back of the motherboard and see if you can get to bios.
If so then it's either an issue with the GPU, or with the PSU (even though you say it worked before, it may still be an issue with the PSU)

Also, EVGA 500W doesn't say much.
Is it the most basic of PSU's that isn't even bronze rated or higher?
Cuz that can definitely be an issue.

But try without the GPU first and see if you can get it to boot.

otxoama

Commendable
Nov 7, 2018
EVGA 500 +80 White

I disconnected the GPU and connected the HDMI to MOBO. I still get no signal on my monitor. I changed out the PSU with the same model but in better condition. Same thing happens.

otxoama

Commendable
Nov 7, 2018
Yeah. I removed it completely and disconnected the power supply from the card. I also changed the power supply and tried to boot with the newer PSU. And still got no signal on monitor. I tried the newer PSU with the card to see if it would work. Still no signal.

otxoama

Commendable
Nov 7, 2018
Just to be sure. I read my manual. It doesn't say it requires me to boot after setting the jumper. It says unplug PSU. And set jumper to clear position. Then I'm assuming you place it back to default, and boot??

edit: nvm. Just found out how to do it. Cleared it. But same problem. I tried connecting directly to MOBO. Didn't work. Attached and plugged in my GPU, and connected display cables. Same thing.