Question R9 380 power color went from crashing and artifacting and freezing entire computer to no display at all

Gabe2000

Commendable
Jun 18, 2019
About 4 months ago my friend let me buy his old parts off of him for around $66.

Parts
Amd fx 8320 e
8gb Corsair ram
Don't remember the motherboard name
Power supply 500watts

When the problem happened I had recently launched rainbow six siege to play after I got a quick drink. I ended up falling asleep downstairs and I came back upstairs to a black screen. I didn't think much of it but I went to reboot . Booted up perfectly and launched siege to instantly crash on arriving at main menu. I rebooted again multiple times to crash 3 minutes or less into boot. Next thing you know I'm artifacting and now PC won't boot.

Today I cracked open the gpu to see what was wrong . I see that a huge glob of thermal paste had been applied , covering way more then what the gpu needed. I cleaned everything. Applied new paste and the card still won't display. Power is going to the card but no display. I'm about ready to throw this bad boy in the oven.

I don't know how to post photos new to this site because I've never had a computer with problems that needed fixing.