R9 380x graphical artifacts and not clocking itself up properly?

G

my brand new sapphire R9 380x was working great and responding to fan profile changes. After a restart it was still fine. Then after another restart it started doing two things:

One- not responding to user defined fan profiles set in either afterburner or TRIXX

Two- Only clocking itself to a maximum of ~530 mhz and making artefacts all over screen in valley benchmark, and sometimes shutting its display output off entirely. Luckily it works fine on desktop and non GPU intensive programs, but the memory and core seem to be very hesitant to clock up at all. I had been toying with software to try get the fan speeds to work (uninstalled MSI and got TRIXX, this is when the second problem started) and that is when this happened. Was running fallout 4 fine and then now it barely runs valley at 16fps and with artifacts EVERYWHERE. Valley was working fine before as well.

My PSU is an EVGA supernova 750 G2, 80+ gold.

G

I have the latest crimson drivers installed (not beta)

also, my computer did a BSOD on me when I opened facebook. KMODE_ERROR_NOT_HANDLED which is a driver thing. seems I have a software issue, but i'm not sure.

G

so after setting the card back to default in AMD control thing, issue is gone, now valley shows correct clock speeds but the temp sensor is still not working for valley. HW monitor shows up the temps though