R9 390 black screen after windows login/Light tasks

jbgaela

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
I'm Currently using the latest driver of my GPU (R9 390) then after I login at windows the screen will just go black and I need to restart it. Sometimes I get past it but when I'm in the Browser/ doing Light tasks the symptoms will just go. I have already Tried rolling back the driver then It still persists . I've also Tried installing Clockblocker to have a stable clock but still no use as I have read here in the forums that unstable clocks can cause this. I've already install/uninstall drivers using DDU. Any Suggestions? TIA (My GPU works fine in safe mode and it doesn't go into the black screen after I have used my browser) I've been using this setup for 2 years now smoothly and I don't think that my PSU is the problem. Please help

Specs:
GPU: Sapphire R9 390
Processor: Fx 8350
Motherboard: Msi 970 gaming
Ram: 4x2 G. Skill 1600
PSU: Corsair VS550

I had a similar problem. I had to remove the GPU for some reason and reinstall it, but also changed my cables powering it, and it came back to life. Although there is nothing wrong with the PSU at all, as I use it to run a second GPU as well now.
It was just some weird windows bug.
From memory doesn't your CPU have an inbuilt GPU? can you boot up normally everytime and each time on this internal GPU?
I would start with removing R9, plug cables into mobo, and work from there.

jbgaela

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

No, The fx 8350 doesn't have an inbuilt GPU. I'll try plugging in the cables again and report back here. Thank you for your input

The issue still persists even after I have re assembled my rig :(

jbgaela

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

As I have said that I am using this exact same rig for the past 2 years. Im currently monitoring the watts being eaten by the rig with a watt meter and id doesnt even go to 400 watts.