[SOLVED] R9 390 Help

morgan payne

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014
Hi guys, recently picked up a Gigabyte R9 390 gpu from a guy who said it wasn't working, for $30 i thought id give it a shot,
Brought it home, put it in my computer and it works fine, runs well
next day i boot up my pc, and the gpu isn't working, it detects as not working in the device manager, i try to install AMD drivers but they cannot install as it cannot detect AMD hardware, i try reseating the gpu, it doesn't even show up in device manager in the top 2 PCIE slots (only the bottom one) (my pc isn't the problem as i had a perfectly working 580 which i sold a week ago which was running in the slots which the new gpu doesn't work in)
i tried reseating it into the bottom PCIE lane and now its not showing video (even when forced through BIOS) or showing up in the device manager
my specs are
i5-6600k
Asrock z170 fatality k6+
1000w Cooler master PSU
16gb Ram
Any help will do thanks
Ps, its good to be back

Solution
recently picked up a Gigabyte R9 390 gpu from a guy who said it wasn't working, for $30
Well its not working in the first place or is defective already.
Seeing that you've tried all of the above, you probably want to bring it back to life?
You may want to take it to a circuit board technician and have it looked at. someone like this guy - who can fix GPUs (see his videos).
If he can't get it to work then its probably totally busted.
recently picked up a Gigabyte R9 390 gpu from a guy who said it wasn't working, for $30
Well its not working in the first place or is defective already.
Seeing that you've tried all of the above, you probably want to bring it back to life?
You may want to take it to a circuit board technician and have it looked at. someone like this guy - who can fix GPUs (see his videos).
If he can't get it to work then its probably totally busted.

Solution