R9 390 multiple display setup problems

monarch8

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Okay so I got a couple new parts recently. So let me list my parts and then i will get into the issues.

CPU- AMD FX-8350
Mobo- Asus Sabertooth 990FX
GPU(new) - MSI R9 390
RAM - 8gb G-Skill Ripjaws X
Power Supply - 850w EGVA G2
HDD- 1tb Western Digital Caviar Blue (x2)
SSD(new) - Samsung Evo 250gb
Case- Cosair 450D
Monitors- Dell U2414H (x3) & 1 HD TV

My old GPU- Gigabyte R9 280

Issues: Everything was fine until I swapped out my GPU. My first issue is I can only get one of my monitors (connected with DP cable) and my TV (connected with HDMI) to display anything. The other two moniors are connected with a DVI-D to DP cable (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004C9O6T6/ref=twister_B00CYQ7BTG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1). I assume its the cable but i have no idea what to get. I did some research and I know that I need an active cable but my monitors only have these connections:
U2414H-ports.jpg

My GPU has these connections and my DP and HDMI slots are used:
14-127-874-TS

My second issue is when I turn off my computer one of my front LED fans stays on and my H100i stays on (the corsair light on the water block stays on). Even when i turn off my power supply the light and the fan stays on. I have to turn off the power strip that my computer is connected to to actually get the fan and the and the light to go off. I have no idea why this is happening. Any suggestions are welcome!!! Thank you anyone for the help in advance! :)

Solution
You may want to consider rewording your title to something like "R9 390 multiple display setup problems" so people with the appropriate knowledge may open your thread, the title is too generic.

Anyway, my knowledge is limited, but I'm not so sure you can utilize all four outputs at one time - and certainly not converting the DVI output to another HDMI.

I think you'd be better suited to crossfiring or SLI'ing cards to push out 4 displays - but there will be somebody more experienced in this area than me that can respond, but I'd make sure you reword the title.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You may want to consider rewording your title to something like "R9 390 multiple display setup problems" so people with the appropriate knowledge may open your thread, the title is too generic.

Anyway, my knowledge is limited, but I'm not so sure you can utilize all four outputs at one time - and certainly not converting the DVI output to another HDMI.

I think you'd be better suited to crossfiring or SLI'ing cards to push out 4 displays - but there will be somebody more experienced in this area than me that can respond, but I'd make sure you reword the title.

Solution

monarch8

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013

Thank you very much i did in fact change the title!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
That should get you more views and, hopefully, more assistance.

Now that I look at the adapter you linked, that;s an active DP to DVI cable. What you actually need is active DVI to DP.

You set up would be:
1. GPU DP to Monitor DP
2. GPU HDMI to Monitor/TV HDMI
3. GPU DVI to DVI to DP converter to Monitor DP
4. As per 3.

Active DVI to DP cables alone don't seem to exist. You'll need to hit a converter along the way, and those are pricey.
For example: http://www.amazon.com/AT-DP400-Displayport-Converter-Designed-Convert/dp/B003CWEXWO
In that case, you would also need miniDP to fullDP cables to run from the converter to the monitor(s).

TRENDING THREADS