Question R9 390 with C27HG70, freeSync not supported ?

Jul 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

After receiving my new screen, a Samsung C27HG70, I've been trying to get FreeSync to work with no luck.
I have an AMD R9 390 and the screen is connected via DP (144hz is working).

I never had a FreeSync monitor before so this is my first time trying to run it with this card, the screen is FreeSync compatible but the option in the screen menu is grayed out.
The radeon settings show "Not supported" under the Radeon FreeSync option.
I updated my card software to 19.5.2 which seems to be the latest stable version from AMD.
I am running on a Windows 7 (SP1). I've read that this might be due to the screen firmware which I tried to update as well but it says that it's already running a version above the one I downloaded from the Samsung website.
If anyone has any solution or more troubleshooting i could do I would be very grateful as I am all out of ideas >.<
Thank you in advance :)

PS: I wasn't sure If i should post under GPU or display, but since I'm guessing the problem must come from the card I posted the question here

Jul 16, 2019
Thank you for your reply iam2thecrowe :)
I have indeed already checked the official Amd tutorial without luck.
But the problem seems to have been fixed.
Just in case someone gets the same problem, it either got fixed by launching a game in full-screen or getting a bsod, or both at the same time (since this is what happened to me).
After the reboot my screen had the option to enable Freesync and so did the Radeon settings.

I had rebooted multiple times prior to that and the options were still greyed out.