R9 390X slow...

BadAtComputerss

Honorable
Dec 25, 2015
I put together a computer today and use a XFX Double Dissipation R9 390X 1050MHZ 8GB DDR5 Display Port HDMI Dual DVI Graphics Cards R9-390X-F28M and installed everything but tried to run a game called, Monstrum and it ran terrible. Even on lowest settings. Anyone know if I did something wrong?

Solution
Things to check.
That you have connected the extra power required to the card via your power supply unit of the system.
That your eight pin 12v E-atx is connected to the motherboard from the PSU.

Check in the bios that you have set your primary default display adapter to initialize first to Pci-e in the order of graphics devices.

That you installed the latest version of the Ati driver from Amd.
And also make sure or re install all direct X files.

From here for windows, from Microsoft.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35&44F86079-8679-400C-BFF2-9CA5F2BCBDFC=1

White dots down clock the card by 50Mhz to 100Mhz. Gpu and Mem.

mystilez

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
no offense but that game looks terribly designed. I currently have a r9 390x devil hybrid and runs everything maxed. Rainbox six siege on ultra with msaa off and post off getting around min 43-85max avg 68 fps depends on the maps. battlefront 3 maxed out 70-93 fps, cs go 300 maxed out, black ops 3 maxed 60-85 fps.
all on 1440p.
Only issue im having right now is white dot artifact on 4 games...

Things to check.
That you have connected the extra power required to the card via your power supply unit of the system.
That your eight pin 12v E-atx is connected to the motherboard from the PSU.

Check in the bios that you have set your primary default display adapter to initialize first to Pci-e in the order of graphics devices.

That you installed the latest version of the Ati driver from Amd.
And also make sure or re install all direct X files.

From here for windows, from Microsoft.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35&44F86079-8679-400C-BFF2-9CA5F2BCBDFC=1

White dots down clock the card by 50Mhz to 100Mhz. Gpu and Mem.

Solution

BadAtComputerss

Honorable
Dec 25, 2015

I downloaded a cpu temp thing and in 10 minutes it maxed out to 78°C... does that effect anything?
My graphics card is Intel Core i7-4790K, does that matter.
Everything is plugged in.
Also, my BIOS only has 3 things to select, DVD player, HDD, SSD, not graphics card...

Also, it doesn't have the best airflow, that may also be why everything gets hot.
If you go onto, Logicaincremts.com i got everything under the outstanding category, aside from Windows 8.1, network card, and processor.