[SOLVED] R9 FURY with ryzen 5 3600x ?

tandrej002

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
Hello guys quick question
I found used R9 fury, recently I bought ryzen 5 3600x, right now I have r9 290 and I see that it's struggling in some games so I was wondering will it be good to replace it with r9 fury and what results should I expect and if thats not good which used gpu should I buy ?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Modern games, it might falter a little, though it should mostly handle them. In this case, it's the 4GB of VRAM that could be the limiting factor.

What country are you in? I don't really know what the new or used price market is for GPUs where you are, so it's hard to say. That the 1070 has 8GB of VRAM is definitely in its favor vs the 4GB on the Fury. The 1070 also has a performance edge over it.

tandrej002

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? Also, does the seller(since it's second hand) state the usage of the Fury? Mined GPU's are not something you should invest in.
I have gx 750w power supply to be honest im not sure about its production year, there are 3 of them I would check but the one I saw listed that gpu didnt mine

tandrej002

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
Keep in mind that it's not only a power-hog, but it probably performs somewhere around RX590 or RX 5500 XT levels.

Unless you're getting it very cheap, I'm not sure how good of a deal it is.
Well I found it for about 100€/130€ Im aware of that, will I be able to play games on high/ultra 1080p with atleast 60fps? Or should I gather more money for gtx 1070 which can be found for like 170€ / 160€?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Modern games, it might falter a little, though it should mostly handle them. In this case, it's the 4GB of VRAM that could be the limiting factor.

What country are you in? I don't really know what the new or used price market is for GPUs where you are, so it's hard to say. That the 1070 has 8GB of VRAM is definitely in its favor vs the 4GB on the Fury. The 1070 also has a performance edge over it.

Solution

tandrej002

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017

I'm from Serbia , and there is so big price gap between new and used

tandrej002

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017

I will probably save some money and go for 1070, I think that its better option because better performance and plus 8gb of vram which is a huge difference and its only 50 60 euros between them which if think that its worth, if im wrong tell me so i know 😉

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I will probably save some money and go for 1070, I think that its better option because better performance and plus 8gb of vram which is a huge difference and its only 50 60 euros between them which if think that its worth, if im wrong tell me so i know 😉
That's where I find it difficult to determine. That's a larger price gap than I would like, but I think overall it's worth it.

Reactions: tandrej002