R9 Fury X over dual 370?

magneezo

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2005
I can't stop jonesing for/wanting to buy a Radeon R9 Fury X since it's $379 price drop. I'm quite satisfied currently with the crossfired XFX R7 370 Redline Edition cards. I haven't experienced any problems so far, and owning both cards was a simple $220 affair all things said & done
However I would like to experience R9 Fury X for myself. 1 card, affordable, promising a knock out of the park that I've never quite experienced (according to benchmarks)
For the 15 years I've been into PC's I've always settled for less, always taken a cut...never really 'reached beyond my means'. but for the most part been satisfied with the outcome.
Should I just leave well enough alone?
Or should I make way for that water cooler fan near the rear of my case so the Fury X will have adequate ventilation? Let us decide.

Solution
yeah, i get ya! Having had to do similar to yourself in the past. I've had various mid-range cards over the years. GTX260, GTX560ti.
With that said, back in the day I had a couple of flagships - at the time Radeon 9800pro, Geforce 4600TI , GTX480. Having the best GPU (at the time) always made me smile. And of course the best performance you can get. If i were you, and you had the money, i'd go and do it! Why not? The experience of having a top end card, turning on all the bells and whistles, and watching the FPS increase is always a pleasurable experience.
yeah, i get ya! Having had to do similar to yourself in the past. I've had various mid-range cards over the years. GTX260, GTX560ti.
With that said, back in the day I had a couple of flagships - at the time Radeon 9800pro, Geforce 4600TI , GTX480. Having the best GPU (at the time) always made me smile. And of course the best performance you can get. If i were you, and you had the money, i'd go and do it! Why not? The experience of having a top end card, turning on all the bells and whistles, and watching the FPS increase is always a pleasurable experience.

Solution