Racin Force - margarita riggin

I got the ultimate racing game....racin force, that is when the monitor
decides to work. Every time I think I got it whipped it acts up again. I do
believe I've narrowed it down to a bad video plug for hi res/low res on a
nanoa chassis. push down it works, get to the front of the cabinet it stops.
20 + times try again some other day. I ordered a new plug but got the wrong
one, so in desperation, I got a stick out of the garage, cut to length and
now I have constant pressure on the plug and the monitor works (top of the
cab to plug about 2 feet me thinks). Does anyone else have problems with
plugs? I have resoldered the joints twice and removed the wires and bent the
fittings to no avail. I think I will try to find the right plug or keep the
stick in place. Maybe I should add duct tape.
Rick

Assuming you have retensioned the plug properly and resoldered the
receiver pins on the board properly as well, I'd start looking in the
vicinity of the plug for a loose component. When you push down on the
plug area just about any component from 1" to the entire board can flex
depending on how much pressure you give it.

Take a pencil eraser tip (use an unsharpened pencil for comfort while
holding =) and with the unit turned on, carefully apply pressure to
each component in the area and give it a little wiggle action. Watch
your philanges while working with the monitor on, and make sure your
not well grounded. If the anode wire comes lose while your working the
bite will be far less with an ungrounded man then a dum dum wearing a
anti-static wristband.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

- Matt