Question Radeon 280x XFX double dissipation vga boot

SanaCrawsz

Reputable
May 5, 2017
My problem with my card is that it will boot up but it will crash on base clock speed and ends up being the problem for my pc not to boot. On my motherboard a red led for vga turns on indicating a problem.

The problem started when I found out my cam software was minimalizing my gpu's clock speed, and found out that by messing around in windows applications compatability, in that window I changed color to 8 bit which then normalized the use of my card's clock speed to full use; but, then thats when my card began to crash and would take hours for me to go back into windows (by C.P.R.) I have unistalled the driver with amdutility cleaner and reverted to old and stock drivers but the problem does not go away. I have tried different connectors of psu to my card, and different PCIe slots with no change. Once I do get back into windows the card works fine. It is when I utilize the card to full clock speed that my card crashes or just wont boot up on demand after a restart or shutdown.

Perhaps I have damaged my card by clocking it to 1120 clock speed and 1600 memory; and, so my card just cant take the load anymore.

My specs:
Cpu AMD 8350 black edition
Memory Corsair CML8GX3M2A1866C9B (16 Gigabytes)
GPU Radeon 280x XFX 1000 clock 1500 memory
Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 default rev bios
PSU Rosewill ARC 750 (750w)
Windows 10 build 1809 64bit

SanaCrawsz

Reputable
May 5, 2017
My problem with my card is that it will boot up but it will crash on base clock speed and ends up being the problem for my pc not to boot. On my motherboard a red led for vga turns on indicating a problem.

The problem started when I found out my cam software was minimalizing my gpu's clock speed, and found out that by messing around in windows applications compatability, in that window I changed color to 8 bit which then normalized the use of my card's clock speed to full use; but, then thats when my card began to crash and would take hours for me to go back into windows (by C.P.R.) I have unistalled the driver with amdutility cleaner and reverted to old and stock drivers but the problem does not go away. I have tried different connectors of psu to my card, and different PCIe slots with no change. Once I do get back into windows the card works fine. It is when I utilize the card to full clock speed that my card crashes or just wont boot up on demand after a restart or shutdown.

Perhaps I have damaged my card by clocking it to 1120 clock speed and 1600 memory; and, so my card just cant take the load anymore.

My specs:
Cpu AMD 8350 black edition
Memory Corsair CML8GX3M2A1866C9B (16 Gigabytes)
GPU Radeon 280x XFX 1000 clock 1500 memory
Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 default rev bios
PSU Rosewill ARC 750 (750w)
Windows 10 build 1809 64bit
So my card is back running after disassembleing it and placing the card back in the PCI slot without heatsink just to heat it up a bit. It powered up for a few seconds, showed mobo logo, and, I even was able to go into bios. But dispaly would cut off int black screed, I'm a guessing that is because of no fan detected.

Being that I was not too sure if the problem was solved I took the card to the kitchen and prepared materials to put it over the stove. A pand over fire I sat my gpu with baking paper rolled into balls between the pand and my gpu. I set the stove close to low and held a pot lid (bigger than the gpu) heat treating the card for about 8 min. (not including preheating the pan [my oven does not work so a pan was the closest thing to an oven]). I allowed the card yo cool down for 30 min. Cleaned rest of my gpu. After eassemble, I inserted my card back in place and my computer was back running.

Though my card boots up into windows again, a new problem accours when I boot up my pc. The card runs fine when it tested for two hours (Heaven), even my cpu during prime 95 test for an hour or so. I have had one crash, maybe even two crashes in windows, but that is bout it. But I crash often with bluescreens after mobo logo boot screen. I am taken to first screen with windows image (dotted load cycle) and it crashes (kernel thread, PTS miss use, I think two more blue screesn [none at the same time]) but non indicating my gpu to be the problem. I am just wondering if this problem is contained within my gpu's hardware or just corrupted files on my disk.

When my card bricked after many black screen boots, I took my card out of its slot and kept it out to bypass vga error and it did so powering up the rest of my peripherals and perhaps tapping into my diak a bit. But with no dsiplay forcefully I powerd down through psu back switch. Placing the card back, power up to my card was different. It would not indicated a vga error right away but light up the vga led error indicator and turn off going to boot led error but the vga error would then light up again.

My pc boots up now but these blue screens are sure going to be a problem in the long run if I dont do anything about it, please. Perhaps cpu voltage is still too low for what it needs now for boot than what it needed before. I have tan my card at 1.31v and bridge at 1.2v. Now I have taken the voltage to 1.35 and bridge at 1.25.

Any advice would be appreciated.