Question Radeon 5700 xt failure not replicated at vendor, issue?

rebelmania

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
Hello! I built a new pc last year. Build here:

ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 36MB, Corsair RM750X 750W v2, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB,
MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GAMING X, Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Vengeance

I've had issues since start with computer freezing with green screen and it shuts down/restarts. It also freezes for like 10 seconds, losing signal to screens and then coming back, whatever games or browsers I had open before are then minimal in size. Now it has started losing signals to both screens, first I thought computer had gone to sleep even though I have it turned off, but it wouldn't wake up. Have to restart it each time. Now also every time this happens the drivers to the graphics card don't work (like if I open a game it says I dont' have a 3d accelerator card or something like that) and I have to reinstall them and they work until the abovementioned happens again.

I sent the card in to the vendor who tested it for 20 hours, but none of the issues were replicated. So they want to send the card back to me, though I can not use it. I have tried doing safe mode clean driver installs, reinstalling windows, underclocking, disabling 3d-acceleration in some programs, but never sorted the issue. I'm not sure what to do? Can it be a PCU-problem instead or something?

I have also ran graphics/system stress tests without any issue.

Thankful for advice!
rebelmania

p.s english is not my native language so I'm sorry if I write something wrongly.

Last edited:

rebelmania

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
I'm unsure which bios version I am using, but I haven't flashed it this year. I can't check atm since I dont have the gpu. I've done the DDU-thing twice since I got the card, following instructions very thoroughly, it didn't help. When googling I see many have the same issues with this card.

They did call me back from vendor and said they can take the whole box and replicate there so they can troubleshoot where the issue stems from, maybe that would be the best. I read some people with this card got it to stop crashing by using separate pci-e cables for the card, afraid I can't try it now that I don't have the card here.