[SOLVED] Radeon 5700 XT not detected by bios

Jan 29, 2020
So I've got brand new GPU to install on my computer and it won't show up in bios, device manager, and gpu-z
Pretty sure everything in the system works fine as I've been using this computer for last 3 years with just integrated graphics on intel chip

CPU - Intel I7 6700
Mother board - MSI B150M Gaming Pro
Ram - G Skill Trident Z 48 GB
Power - EVGA 650 watt gold
OS - Windows 10
Boot drive - Samsung EVO 850

The card got LED indicator above power pins and both are blue
fan s spinning, so it's got power and it turns on.

It just won't be detected
I've tried disabling integrated graphics on device manager as I couldn't really find a in bios(it just has a option to set it as PEG or IGD, it is set to PEG)
It just makes the screen black on integrated graphics while I don't have any outputs on the card which I had to reset CMOS then.
I've updated the bios to the latest version possible and still no detection.

Can't install any of the AMD drivers as amd won't let you install a driver when hardware is detected

Things I haven't tried
  1. Cleaning the PCI slot and the card
  2. Using the bottom PCI lane
  3. Installing the card on another system
  4. Reinstalling windows (Can't really so due to place that I'm in has no wifi so I to get drivers downloaded else where and the and the hassle)
  5. DDU, as I didn't have had any dedicated GPU this rig before
  6. Removing the card, then disable intel graphics, install card again to e if it gets detected.
  7. Updating VBIOS

I wonder if the card is dead but I really hope not

Solution
So I've got brand new GPU to install on my computer and it won't show up in bios, device manager, and gpu-z
Pretty sure everything in the system works fine as I've been using this computer for last 3 years with just integrated graphics on intel chip

So when you say "it won't show up in bios, device manager, and gpu-z" I assume you're using the integrated graphics when you're in bios, device manater, and gpu-z? That's strange because typically when you install a discrete GPU, the integrated graphics are disabled.

It sounds like it's either a motherboard issue or GPU issue.
Things I haven't tried
  1. Cleaning the PCI slot and the card
  2. Using the bottom PCI lane
  3. Installing the card on another system
  4. Reinstalling windows (Can't really so due to place that I'm in has no wifi so I to get drivers downloaded else where and the and the hassle)
  5. DDU, as I didn't have had any dedicated GPU this rig before
  6. Removing the card, then disable intel graphics, install card again to e if it gets detected.
  7. Updating VBIOS
I wonder if the card is dead but I really hope not

If you have access to another system, I'd try #3 first.

So when you say "it won't show up in bios, device manager, and gpu-z" I assume you're using the integrated graphics when you're in bios, device manater, and gpu-z? That's strange because typically when you install a discrete GPU, the integrated graphics are disabled.

It sounds like it's either a motherboard issue or GPU issue.

Solution