chavezjo3l

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Hello,i am running an ati radeon 5750 on a dual core cpu running at 2.4ghz with 4gb of 6400mghz ram speed, a stock 350 watt psu i am running with no issues but every now and then as im watching a 1080p bluray i get little fragments of picture distortion. i have no heat issues either. i dont really know what else it may be i' ve adjusted clock speeds and still have not found the reason i am on catalist 2010.0930

chavezjo3l

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
as i am watching a movie 1080p hd in full screen i get little blocks of image that seem as if i am loosing signal....you could inda compare it if you have dish network and if it starts to rain you see the same effect on tv. on my pc it happens very rarely but it has me thinking something may be wrong, the gpu, driver, or setings

It seems to me more of a miss match of the BluRay drive and the GPU.....
You're experiencing a small drop between the buffer of the BluRay Drive across the Mobo to the GPU.....
Try to play a 1080p Movie which has been ripped straight from the HDD and see if you see the boxes again.....
Send a feed back to us

chavezjo3l

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011

ok, im playing back an mkv format and it happened again, on other things like my desktop, youtube, games i have no dropped frames, choppy playback, or issues. i have played back other smaller avi files and it never happened.

Yup, ok, you're getting a slight bottleneck on the mobo. I'd suggest try rolling back the driver of the gpu to an earlier version and see if it happens again.
By the way, what player are you using ? VLC?
What version of Direct X do you have installed?
And what are the VLC settings on for Video Display? if you're using VLC
Another question, are you using your HDMI port for Video and sound?
What OS are you on?

chavezjo3l

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011

I've downloaded the newest 10.12 catalyst and installed it. I was running 10.10 and i think it made a difference i have direct x 11 with windows 7 ultimate
and im using gom player ans my video player. i have my card configured as a dual desktop my 24" desktop is conected via vga and i have my 55" livingroom via hdmi i am receiving audio with the hdmi, i have only the gom options configured to audio out via hdmi and video output to gom internal filter and all other settings default.

after uninstalling the older catalyst and installing the newer 10.12 it also runs a little more smooth and it also stoped doing that glitchy thing.

TRENDING THREADS