Radeon 5770 good in my comp?

Prometheus91

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
I'm replacing the Radeon 4760 512mb from my computer with a Radeon 5770 1gb.

Here are my general specs:

i7 420 @ 3.67GHz
6GB ram
250 watt PSU.

I'll be running the Graphics Card off of an independant juice box specifically for the GPU, 450 watt box that fits into a CD Drive slot and then plugs into the wall, and on the inside, into the graphics card.

Will this card be able to run Crysis on maximum settings like I like? Is this card still as good as it looks? The benchmarks on this card are really good, so I hope that even still this card is worth the around $110 I spent on it off of Newegg.

What do you guys think? Good card decision? I was suggested this card by the forums after wondering if I could RMA an nVidia GTS 450 and get this instead.

dco

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
I've had a 5770 for about 18 months but with a much lesser CPU (2.13GHz duel core) and i haven't found a game yet it can't play at 1920x1080 at high settings, the only thing you won't be able to take advantage of is AA in really graphically demanding games.

And i found it plays crysis 2 at the advanced setting no worries but at the hardcore preset framerates would dip a bit low when there was alot of action on the screen but you should get better fps with your higher clocked CPU, whether its playable is personal preference.

For the money you won't regret buying this card.