Radeon 6770 eBay return - damaged by overclocking?

Mar 7, 2018
Hi. I have sold on ebay my old gpu Radeon 6770 1gb from asus. After one week I have a refund request. Reason provided: I see fluorescent textures at intermittent time when playing games. I think it is damaged.

How can I check if it wasn't his fault? Ask for some free software diagnostics report? Could this happen by overclocking? It was working fine for me and I didn't overclock it. Please help.

Solution
Short of having him run a free benchmark program with GPU-z or MSI Afterburn running to prove the stock speeds and have him video tape it to show what its doing.

But there is now real way to prove that he/she overclocked the card and damaged it. If it is broke the only thing you can hope for is that what they send back doesnt match the photos you took and then you can go to ebay with the information.

There are to many variables as to what could cause the card to artifact, bad PCI-e slot, under powered PSU, bad driver, poor case cooling
Its going to be hard to prove anything, and unless you took pictures of the card and any stickers on it you cant even be sure you're getting your card back.

I've seen/heard of some very shady things from buyers before and it always seems the seller gets screwed by Ebay.

Short of having him run a free benchmark program with GPU-z or MSI Afterburn running to prove the stock speeds and have him video tape it to show what its doing.

But there is now real way to prove that he/she overclocked the card and damaged it. If it is broke the only thing you can hope for is that what they send back doesnt match the photos you took and then you can go to ebay with the information.

There are to many variables as to what could cause the card to artifact, bad PCI-e slot, under powered PSU, bad driver, poor case cooling

Solution