Question Radeon 6800 or 6800XT worth buying in 2023?

g-unit1111

Titan
I am in the market for a mid range GPU (around the $500-ish mark) and I am leaning towards 3060TI or 3070 but they’re getting increasingly harder to find from any reputable seller at a decent price. I did see that some stores like Amazon and Newegg do have the 6800 in stock. Is it worth buying right now or should I wait for the 7800?

These are my system specs:

• Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
  • Corsair RM750x
  • Asus ROG Strix B450-F
  • 32GB G Skill Ripjaw V DDR4-3600
  • Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
  • Cryorig A80
  • Gigabyte GTX 1080 (current GPU)

I'll just throw in my standard answer if the question is "should I wait...": If you need it now, buy it now. If you can wait, then wait.

I would only use eBay or other second-hand sellers as a last resort though. You don't know what they've done to the card and you're not going to get warranty out of the product.

g-unit1111

Titan
6800xt or a 3080 should be a decent buy.

Here’s what appears to be a decent deal on a 3080.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2660645061...1QoO_yZSxW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I’m guessing that the 3080 is equivalent to a 4070 non ti. If you buy used I’d recommend eBay since they have buyer protection.

I'm extremely hesitant about buying GPUs off eBay otherwise I would go for probably a 3070.

I would only use eBay or other second-hand sellers as a last resort though. You don't know what they've done to the card and you're not going to get warranty out of the product.

That's usually my advice. I want to buy a 3070 right now but every single time I find one that I'm interested in they get snatched up faster than I can hit the buy button.

TRENDING THREADS