Question Radeon 7000 series usb-c port, what can it drive?

taylorhuston

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2007
It looks like some 7000 series cards, at least the 7900 XT and XTX, have a usb-c port on them. What exactly is this for? I am assuming it is for VR headsets, but I haven't found anything in the marketing or any reviews that specifically calls that out. Is it just for video. or does it carry data as well? Does it deliver power and, if so, how much? Would it be able to drive something like this, a drawing tablet screen, through just the one cable (so video, data and enough power), similarly to some usb-c (thunderbolt?) ports on higher end laptops?

It looks like some 7000 series cards, at least the 7900 XT and XTX, have a usb-c port on them. What exactly is this for? I am assuming it is for VR headsets, but I haven't found anything in the marketing or any reviews that specifically calls that out. Is it just for video. or does it carry data as well? Does it deliver power and, if so, how much? Would it be able to drive something like this, a drawing tablet screen, through just the one cable (so video, data and enough power), similarly to some usb-c (thunderbolt?) ports on higher end laptops?
its this