Radeon 7970 vs gtx 680 ! Read before vote !

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Radeon 7970 or GTX 680 ? best bag for buck ?

• Radeon 7970

Votes: 55 59.8%
  • Gtx 680

Votes: 37 40.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
well physix has like 3 popualr games .. batman mafia and metro ..... and amd ahs mlaa 2.0 and adaptive smaa to .... + zero core..... and adaptive vsync .. as bigmack explained ... is nothing special .... triple buffering + standard v sync does good job to ....

and im not like "don't get the 680" or a "lol the 680 sucks" point. like bigmack ....

just don't tell that amd has nothing and nvidia has superior features ...

yes and some games need like 2 vram or more .... bf3 usese like 1.8 as i know and skyrim even more .... so 2g vram cards will be on the edge .... 2.5 gb vram will be good for gtx 680 .... sad they even don't have 2.5 ;/ .....

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
imho ...with gtx 680 limited vram ... it's better to go for expensive gtx 680 4gb vram or for 7970 ... or even for gtx 580 3gb version.. then gtx 2gb version ... but its just me ...

alrobichaud

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

I am going to drop it after this final comment. You have a great attitude and you should keep it. Honestly, if you were a bit older and a bit more crusty this could have turned into something a lot worse. You can idolize any celebrity that you want and I hope you realize that my not liking Micheal Jaskson has nothing to do with depth of pocket, attitude or thinking. A man in his 50's who has sleepovers with 10 year olds while sleeping in the same bed not just the same house and who has been the source of many child abuse allegations has serious mental health issues. If this man were not a celebrity he would still be in jail. Child abusers are the lowest of the low. His superstardom is what kept him out of jail. You can like him and I can dislike him and we can get along and be happy.

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Why is this thread so silent eh?
Did you all honestly think the world is all roses and blue skies.
I will not listen to members or people who choose to say things that they have no clue about.
Keep the thread going if you have anything useful.
I have said what i have to say.

only thing i don't understand is ....

yeah on 1920x1080 gtx 680 is maybe 7% faster then 7970 oc editon 1000mhz ... but i don't understand why so many people vote for gtx when it.s 600% and radeon 7970 is 460$ ... 7% performance really costs 140$ ? on same price there will be another story .... i think people don't even vote for best performance/price .... they vote only for band withc they like ;/

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS