Radeon 9200 SE 128MB WinXP problems

Hi,
I have a Radeon 9200 SE 128MB and Windows XP. The driver worked in the
first place. My RAM had some failure and I had to change it. After that
I had to "recover" Windows because the RAM damaged the filesystem. Now
it is not possible to install the driver again. It always told me to
install a normal VGA driver first. I installed the standard Windows
640x480 8bit Driver with the same result. I tried the original driver as
well as the newest driver from ati.com.

Does anybody have a solution for that problem?

Thank You

Christoph

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:40:42 +0200, Christoph Wegscheider
<wegi@despammed.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a Radeon 9200 SE 128MB and Windows XP. The driver worked in the
>first place. My RAM had some failure and I had to change it. After that
>I had to "recover" Windows because the RAM damaged the filesystem. Now
>it is not possible to install the driver again. It always told me to
>install a normal VGA driver first. I installed the standard Windows
>640x480 8bit Driver with the same result. I tried the original driver as
>well as the newest driver from ati.com.
>
>Does anybody have a solution for that problem?
>
>Thank You
>
> Christoph

You could try running the cat-ununstaller.exe from
http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/catalystutils.html, Christoph,
to clear the Ati stufffrom your system. I think, however, an OS
reinstall might be your best answer.

patrickp

> You could try running the cat-ununstaller.exe from
> http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/catalystutils.html, Christoph,
Thanks for your hint, unfortunatly it doesn't help.

> to clear the Ati stufffrom your system. I think, however, an OS
> reinstall might be your best answer.
Seems to be the only choice left.

Christoph